Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garth Brooks Returns for Encore at Encore

Garth Brooks is returning to Encore at Wynn Las Vegas for another free show tonight. I got to go to Garth’s super-secret show at Encore on June 8th. Tonight’s show is not quite so secret: during last Friday’s performance by Larry King at Encore, Steve Wynn announced that Garth Brooks would be performing this Tuesday to do a show for invited guests. The upcoming show was also reported by Norm Clarke in his column on Sunday in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

I was out of town over the weekend and am still catching up on the news. I’m also trying to figure out how to get on the guest list, since I don’t seem to see my invitation to tonight’s show….

It will be interesting to see who gets invited to tonight’s show, what the turnout is, and how the audience reacts to his performance.

Last Thursday, I posted a list of 10 good reasons why Garth Brooks should come to Las Vegas. The very next day, on Friday, news of Garth’s return performance was announced. Ok, I’ll concede that the timing must be a coincidence. I doubt that my arguments, persuasive and well-reasoned as they were, had anything to do with Garth’s decision to return for another performance. I am however hoping that my powers of persuasion are strong enough to snag two tickets for tonight’s show. Based upon the last performance, I want to be there!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to go? If so, tell us more? Was his band with him this time?

    ReplyDelete